Agriculture and Renewable Energy Development Committee
Mission: To sustain, identify and develop agriculture, agribusiness and renewable energy opportunities.
The Ag Committee meets at 7:30 a.m. on the third Thursday of each month (except May and October when it does not meet) with most meetings hosted at Christianson, PLLP, 302 Fifth Street, Willmar.
Target activities that leverage Kandiyohi County’s assets in agriculture, with a special emphasis on ag business, manufacturing, bioscience, technology, energy and research.
- Invite and support development of value-added agriculture and renewable energy products and businesses in Kandiyohi County.
- Bring agriculture or renewable energy related projects to the West Central Angel Fund I for consideration throughout the year.
- Plan and implement projects in response to the strategies identified in the 2017 Ag Producers Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Program.
- Conduct education and marketing campaign highlighting local agriculture and renewable energy.
- Assist with deployment of broadband into rural unserved areas of Kandiyohi County by identifying specific needs for broadband access and speed among agriculture producers, including current and future communication needs.
- Work to advance research and development of agriculture and renewable energy related industries; specifically, the Hemp industry in the region.
- Continue to monitor and promote Kandiyohi County’s involvement in the Minnesota Turkey Research and Development Facility and Minnesota Dairy Training, Research and Consumer Education Facility.
Ag Producer BRE Survey
To see the results of the first survey in 2005, click here.